ROOTS’ has developed proprietary know-how and patents to optimize performance, lower installation costs, and reduce energy consumption to a minimum — all in order to bring maximum benefit to farmers. Roots were established in 2012 and graduated in 2016 from the prestigious technology incubator program administered by the Israel Chief Scientist Office. Roots have partnered up with Humboldt CCTV & Humboldt Grow Tech to bring our technology into the US. ROOTS’ Vision is to become a significant player in the world of global agriculture technology by developing technologies that assist growers in meeting the ever-increasing global demand for food and water and mitigate the impact of extreme weather temperature conditions on both indoor and open field crops with minimum energy and environmental signatures. The Companys; vision also includes producing technologies that are accessible to low-income farmers around the world.
ROOTS seeks to address five major issues in modern agriculture:
- How to enhance plant yield, quality, and life cycle, in the most economically efficient and beneficial way by sustainably influencing and optimizing plant root temperatures.
- How to grow food in locations with limited or no access to water grids or wells by providing water for irrigation from air/soil humidity
- How to increase fertilization efficiency by incorporating heating and cooling of the root zone
- How to reduce the usage of pesticides and prevent disease in plants by incorporating heating and cooling of the root zone
- How to reduce plastic waste and improve profitability for farmers by combining multiple functions (root zone heating/cooling, fertigation, watering) in one multi-purpose pipe
4611 Central Avenue, Mckinleyville
California 95519 USA